BY REGISTERING AND PARTICIPATION EVERY PLAYER/TEAM AGREES TO ABIDE BY OUR RULES AND POLICIES OUTLINED BELOW:
Event Participation Policy:
PARTICIPATION IN OUR EVENTS CAN CAUSE INJURIES, PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK! EVERY PLAYER HAS TO REGISTER AND AGREE TO THE NORCALATHLETICS POLICIES/ROSTER & LIABILITY WAIVER FORM(S) IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY AND PARTICIPATE IN OUR EVENTS.
There is no late registration! All team or individual dues have to be settled before the season starts and registration usually closes 1 week before season start unless indicated otherwise.
We reserve the right to turn away teams or individuals based on late registration or increase dues due to late registration.
In case of a chargeback the league will drop the team/individual from the schedule/roster without notice.
- Upon registration, Norcalathletics league rules and regulations are to be followed by any and all team members and individuals.
- All participants of each Norcalathletics league or event must sign a waiver of liability in order to participate.
- Failure or refusal to waive liability will result in non-participation for that individual and will void any refund or future credit.
- Detailed rules and league regulations are available on-line and in writing upon request. Failure to abide by Norcalathletics rules and regulations will result in forfeiture of the league/event participation and void any refunds.
- In the event of an emergency situation including without limitation a natural disaster such as flood, pollution, inclement weather, earthquake or fire, for a health, sanitation, or safety issue such as a gas leak, plumbing or water breach, pest infestation, or any other such emergency, as determined by Norcalathletics in its sole discretion Norcalathletics may terminate or shorten any league or event without refund!
- For Bad Air quality warnings, games will only be canceled if the AQI is "RED" at game time. If multiple games have to be canceled due to bad air or any other unforseen event the league will ONLY make up 1 (one) game per season, the remaining games will be canceled and no refunds/credits will be provided! All schedules are subject to change, the league reserves the right to change the schedule without prior notice, teams are responsible to check the online schedule for their game times!
- Norcalathletics reserves the right to cancel an event for any reason and will notify participants within 30min of the event that it has been cancelled.
- Norcalathletics will not be responsible for items purchased by an individual for sole purpose of attending an event or league that ends up being cancelled. It is at the sole discretion of the participant to purchase any items (including athletic gear) to use at a Norcalathletics event. The only refund that will be provided is for attendance or participation in the event or league.
- PROTESTS: Whenever a coach or captain indicates that he/she has decided to play a game under protest or to protest a game, the referee and the captain or coach must write a report at the end of the game and send it via email to the league comissioner. Reports must be filled out and sent to the league office within 24 hours and the comission will make a decision within 5 business days.
- All Norcalathletics sport leagues, tournaments, classes and clinics have a minimum age requirement of 18 years old. New captains and individual registrants may be contacted regarding requested skill level. Norcalathletics reserves the right to refuse any individual or team without explanation.
- Any discount programs being offered may not be combined.
Lost or Stolen Items:
- The league advises not to bring valuables to the field and is not liable for lost or stolen items, players are responsible for their own belongings.
- The league is not responsible for any lost or stolen items at any of our event locations!
- Unless otherwise specified, there are "NO" refunds for any Norcalathletics events or activity.
- The individual or team is responsible to find a replacement team or person to take their or his/her slot and handle payment on their own terms, female players who registered individually for a co-ed team have to find a replacement player of their own gender.
- Documentation (on web or via email) regarding each event, league, or tournament will specify whether or not refunds will be available.
- Norcalathletics leagues and tournaments are viable and will operate with a minimum of four (4) teams per league. Upon becoming viable, there are no refunds.
- If a league, tournament or social event does not become viable, full refunds will be given if team, group or individual does not want to, or can not, be placed in another Norcalathletics event. Times and locations are as listed. However, Norcalathletics reserves the right to change specific locations and operating times as necessary due to any required scheduling changes either on a weekly or seasonal basis.
- Norcalathletics reserves the right to shorten or cancel any league, tournament or social event without refund or credit due to cancellations in the event of an emergency or lack of interest from participants.
- Independent registrants placed on a team are not eligible for any refunds and the league reserves the right to change player rosters to ensure balance. An independent registrant who can not complete their season due to change in personal commitment or injury must notify Norcalathletics in writing within 1 week of the start date for future league credit-no refunds will be provided.
- All refunds will be given via paypal or electronic transfer!
- All refunds, once approved and confirmed, will be issued 10 business days of event/league/tournament cancellation (or within 10 business days from the date the participant specifies the mailing address in which the refund will be sent).
The league reserves the right to drop any player or team from the season who blows off or forfeits 2 or more games in a season. The team will automatically be removed from a roster/schedule without notice and not be given a refund.
We keep rosters tight and need players to commit to their team. If you do not contact your team mates or captain prior to the game, and do not show up, it leaves the team short scrambling for players. If you forewarn your captain about absences, it makes it easier to find a substitute. If you do not contact your captain, and simply don't show up, on the second time, you will be removed from the roster. We have many players on a "wait list" willing to play in the season with the team.
Scheduling Preferences: The league will make the best effort possible to accomodate teams scheduling preferences, but reserves the right to change game times/days to ensure equal fairness to all teams preferences.
Once games are on the schedule they are firm! However, the league will try to accomodate a reschedule request under the certain circumstances:
- A min. of a 36 hour notice has to be given, your opponent has to agree to your reschedule request, and a $60 reschedule fee has to be paid to the league upfront to cover new field space and referee assignment. However, if we are not able to reschedule the $60 fee will be reimbursed. And, once a mutually agreed time slot has been identified that covers the referee, field cost and administrative efforts the game will be rescheduled.
- All questions and correspondences should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 300-0880 M-F during regular business hours.