ALL EVENTS ARE CONDUCTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING RULES:
WARNING: PARTICIPATION IN OUR EVENTS CAN CAUSE INJURIES, PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
EVERY PLAYER HAS TO SIGN THE NORCALATHLETICS ROSTER/ LIABILITY WAIVER FORM IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.
All TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A NORCALATHLETICS ROSTER/LIABILITY WAIVER AT THE START OF EVERY SEASON!
- There are no offsides in 7v7, 8v8.
- A completely filled out roster is mandatory for every team every season, if a team neglects to submit their roster it can be ejected from the league.
- A roster can carry a maximum of 20 players for 8v8 and 20 players for 7v7 a side.
- The game will consists of two twenty-four minute halves with a rest period of no more than 2 minutes unless otherwise indicated.
- A goal clearance is deemed to be correct when the ball has been touched or played by another player outside the penalty area, or when it has touched the surface whithin the respective goalkeeper's own half of the field. The players of the opposing team shall remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play.
- If the ball is in play the goalie may kick, punt or throw the ball in the air past his/her own half of the field.
- There are no slide tackles. Except for the goalie in his/her own penalty area. All free kicks are direct upon referee approval, a wall of players is permitted 8 yards away from the ball.
- Penalty kicks are to be performed the following way: all divisions can take the penalty kick in the usual manner (with approach).
- A team must have a minimum of 5 eligible players for 7v7, 6 eligible players for 8v8 and 7 for 11v11 to start a legal game. Dropping to less players may constitute a forfeit, regardless of a red card or an injury.
THE CO-ED/ MEN'S DIVISION
- Co-ed games require a minimum of 2 or 3 female field players on the field at all times. If a team has 5 players (the minimum allowed before a forfeit) then there needs to be 1 women on the field at all times. Anyone can be the goalie.
- All teams are responsible to bring a game ball and should be able to change uniforms if a conflict arises.
- There is a five-minute waiting period for the first game of the day. All other games after that will "be game time is forfeit time".
- For playoffs and finals when a winner is necessary the following rules must be observed:
- If the tie persists then 3 penalties per side will be assessed.
- If the tie persists then 1 alternating penalty per side.
- Bracket Standings
- Total points
- Goal average
- Goals in favor
- Protests: rule interpretation protests must be done at the time of the infraction. All protests must be done in writing, turned in within 48hrs to the league director and accompanied by a fee of $100.00 (checks made payable to NORCALATHLETICS ). If your protest is upheld, the fee will be returned.
- Any player injured and/or bleeding must leave the field of play. Body and clothing must be clean of blood in order for player to resume play.
- All teams have until the beginning of their 4th scheduled game to do any changes to their respective rosters. all rosters will be frozen after that. A forfeit may result into a deduction of points or a disadvantage to participate in the playoffs.
- YELLOW CARDS: a yellow card violation, if issued, shall result in a mandatory 5 minute time off the field of play to be served by the offending player(s). A team shall not be allowed to substitute and the team shall play short a player. The team shall play short handed for the full 5 minutes.
- RED CARDS: the offending player has to leave the field immediatly, a red card carries a minimum of a one game suspension, even if it happens in the playoffs. But, a player might be suspended for more games depending on the severity of the infraction(s). The Offending team has to play short for the duration of the game. The league also reserves the right to bar players from playing in the league entirely or for any amount of games depending on the severity of the infraction.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: all unlimited substitutions must enter from the mid-field line and need to be approved by the official and they can only be done during the following times:
- Prior to corner kick
- Prior to goal kick
- After a goal
- A goal may be scored directly from a kick off.
- The 6 seconds rule applies to the goalkeepers when in hand possession of the ball.
- Shinguards that cover entire leg area are mandatory. No mini-shinguards will be allowed.
- NORCALATHLETICS HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE FOR FIGHTING, VIOLENT CONDUCT OR ANY OTHER INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR. NORCALATHLETICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE TEAMS OFF THE SCHEDULE DURING THE SEASON AND BAR TEAMS OR PLAYERS FROM PARTICIPATING IN OUR LEAGUES OR EVENTS FOR SUCH ACTIONS WITHOUT REFUND.
- COACHES/MANAGERS/CAPTAINS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR PLAYERS/PARENTS/SPECTATORS/FANS OF THEIR TEAMS.
- REFUND POLICY: EMAIL NOTIFICATION IS REQUIRED AT LEAST 14 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF THE EVENT. OTHERWISE NO REFUNDS ARE ISSUED. WE ONLY ISSUE REFUNDS IF WE HAVE TO CANCEL AN EVENT!
- Inclement Weather Policy: All games on artificial turf fields are rain or shine unless specifically canceled.
In case of poor air quality, lightening/thunder, snow, hail assume that the game is on, however if playing conditions are not safe the referee will cancel the game. If a game is played past half time it will count towards your record!
For games on grass please follow the rain out guidlines below.
- Rainout info: For rainouts, we will send an email ONLY to the captains by 3pm that day on weekdays. Please be sure you registered with the email address you check During the day!
Remember, we do not close the fields, the field departments do. Also note that the fields can also be closed if the fields are too saturated (e.g. It doesn't have to be raining). If any doubt whether the fields are closed, please call 415-300-0880.
- Schedule Is Subject To Change: The league reserves the right to make changes to the schedule as it sees fit.